The Summit Lodge is Whistler’s award-winning, pet-friendly boutique hotel.
With an eye for the little things, Summit is perfectly tailored to the traveler who finds joy in everyday moments.
Established in 1997, the Summit Lodge is an independent boutique hotel located in the Whistler Village North, steps away from the iconic Olympic plaza.
When General Manager Tony Medd joined Assistant General Manager Lorraine Yeung on the Summit team in 2011, the hotel underwent a grand transformation which has resulted in numerous accolades, including reaching the coveted top spot on TripAdvisor as Whistler’s #1 traveler-rated hotel.
In addition to 81 uniquely styled rooms, the Summit is home to several noteworthy businesses including North America’s only authentic Javanese Spa, award-winning restaurants Sachi Sushi and Elements Urban Tapas Parlour, and the co-working café, EightyOne.
Summit Guests can often be seen enjoying the outdoor patio with heated pool, hot tub, and sauna, or mingling in the lobby during ápres hours. With free stays and special perks for your four-legged friends, Summit has gained a reputation as Whistler’s friendliest pet-friendly hotel.
Click the button below to access photos of the Summit Lodge. More photos are available upon request.
Awards and Recognition:
- Summit regularly occupies the top spot on TripAdvisor as Whistler’s #1 traveler-rated hotel. Summit is a regular recipient of TripAdvisor’s “Certificate of Excellence” and in 2019 the hotel received the “Travelers’ Choice” award as one of the top 25 hotels in Canada.
- Five-time winner of “Canada’s Best Ski Boutique Hotel” at the World Ski Awards in Kitzbühel, Austria, as voted by our guests.
- Summit has taken multiple titles at the Haute Grandeur Global Tourism Awards including “Best Hotel Service in Canada”, “Most Unique Guest Experience in North America”, “Best Boutique Hotel in North America”, and “Best Lifestyle Hotel in Canada”.
- Summit is a 2018 and 2019 winner of the TripExpert Experts’ Choice Award, a title held by less than 2% of hotels worldwide
- Summit has been mentioned in media outlets including Vanity Fair, Canadian Living, Refinery29, Vogue Japan, Daily Hive, Evening Standard, as well as frequent mentions in Whistler’s newsmagazine The Pique. Summit has also appeared on notable social accounts including @brookewillson, @brittanyshmyr, @localwanderer, @nomadicboys, and @chrishadfield
- Hundreds of happy guests have left 5-star reviews of the hotel, including a few of our favourites below. View more reviews on Google, Facebook, and TripAdvisor.
Eco-friendly: The Summit is engaged in a number of initiatives to reduce its environmental footprint, including the use of eco-friendly housekeeping products, modernization of lighting and plumbing systems, elimination of plastic water bottles, and waste-free renovation techniques.
Charitable causes: In 2017 the hotel began hosting annual fundraising parties, with all proceeds going to charity. Funds from previous fundraisers have been used to build schools in Mexico and Africa.
Pet-friendly: Summit is a proud sponsor of Whistler Animals Galore (WAG), Whistler’s animal shelter.
Community space: In 2018, Summit’s in-house cafe and co-working space, EightyOne, was re-opened with a new menu and furnishings, and has quickly become a popular meeting space for locals and visitors alike.
Social media and contact information:
Hotel location: summitlodge.com/contact/hotel-location
Key people: summitlodge.com/contact/key-personnel