Every April, the World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF) takes Whistler by storm. Over 250,000 fans flock to the world-renown mountain resort each year to witness North America’s largest annual snowsport, music, and mountain culture celebration. No matter how you do it – by boat, by plane, by train – just get to Whistler from April 11-20, 2014 and get involved!
Here’s the full 2014 Schedule – we’ve highlighted and linked Summit’s top event choices for you to check out. And remember the World Ski & Snowboard Festival asks you to embrace the Festival’s motto: Party in April, Sleep in May! Buy your tickets and book your accommodation today!
Exciting WSSF EventsMusic
► Outdoor Concert Series – Daily from 2:30-5:30PM at Skiers Plaza for FREE
► Bud Light Freeride Club Series – Various Clubs & Bars in Whistler for FREE
► SILENT DISCO – Friday, April 18 from 9PM-1AM at GLC for $20.00
► The END – Saturday, April 19 from 10PM-4AM at Whistler Conference Centre for $35.00
► Intersection - April 16 at 8PM at Whistler Conference Centre for $25.00
► Olympus 72hr. Filmmaker Showdown - April 15 at 8PM at Whistler Conference Centre for $25.00
► Olympus 72hr. Filmmaker ENCORE – April 18 at 7PM at Whistler Conference Centre for $25.00
► Olympus Pro Photographer Showdown - April 17 at 8PM at Whistler Conference Centre – SOLD OUT
► State of the ART – April 11 to 20 at Whistler Conference Centre for FREE
► 2nd Cuts Filmmaker Screening – April 16 at 12PM-3PM at Whistler Conference Centre for $10.00
► Best of the Fest - April 20 at 8:30PM at GLC for $25.00
► Big Air - April 19 at Skiers Plaza for FREE
► The Shred Show – April 11-13 on Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains for FREE
► Demo Park – April 12-13 and 19-20 on Whistler Mountain (Outside Roundhouse Lodge) for FREE
► Mascot Mayhem – April 19 at 11AM-12PM at Whistler Village for FREE – Kid Friendly
► Whistler Dogfest - April 20 at 12PM-2PM at Village Common for FREE
► Super BRAWL Sunday: Roller Derby – April 20 at 6PM at Whistler Conference Centre for $15.00
Fabulous WSSF Facts
- The average temperature in Whistler Village during the WSSF in April is 11oC.
- Over the past three years, WSSF has helped contribute over $28,000 to the Playground Builders, an organization that builds playgrounds for children in war-torn areas.
- On average, the WSSF sees over 300 volunteers log more than 3000 hours every spring.
- Over 50 musical acts played at two outdoor stages and 9 different indoor venues in 2013, offering more than 100 hours of free music to festival-goers. Last year’s award-winning artists included The Arkells, Swollen Members, Nas, and K-OS.
- A number of Olympians have competed at various WSSF ski and snowboard events, including: Gus Kenworthy, Sage Kotsenburg, Mike Riddle, Sebastien Toutant, Yuki Tsubota, Roz Groenewoud, and Alex Beaulieu-Marchand.
Now in its 19th year, the WSSF continues to grow in scope and popularity. WSSF is voted Whistler’s “Event of the Year” every year by Whistler locals and it is the perfect showcase of the resort’s diverse personality and energy. For those who can’t make it to Whistler, they can join the international television audience in over 122 countries!
For more information give the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Summit Lodge a call at 1.888.913.8811. They’ll be more than excited to tell you more about the amazing events going on during the WSSF.