Whistler Blackcomb Opening Weekend is November 22 – 25, 2012.
It’s almost here. Ready? Opening weekend in Whistler is one weekend of the year winter sports enthusiasts look forward to all year long. With something for everyone – sports, sightseeing, entertainment and shopping – I just dare you not to have a phenomenal time. Encompassing both paid and free events catering to young, sports nuts, weekend warriors, parents and grandparents alike, opening weekend in Whistler is an unequivocal crowd-pleaser, regardless of age or budget.
Whistler Blackcomb Opening Weekend Highlights:
- Whistler and Blackcomb mountains open for skiing and snowboarding. Thursday, November 22 at 8:30 am.
- The Peak 2 Peak Gondola Opens for Winter Sightseeing.
- Music and street performers throughout the Village from 8 am to noon, November 22 to 25.
- Free evening fireworks displays in Skier’s Plaza. Saturday, November 24 at 7pm.
- Performance Series Presents with performers David Myles and Ali Milner. Saturday November 24 – 8:30pm at Millennium Place. Tickets $25.
- Bizarre Bazaar, Whistler’s Original Artisan Market, has built a reputation of presenting unique, quality, hand-made art and crafts for those looking for one-of-a-kind treasures. Saturday, November 24: 10 am – 7 pm & Sunday, November 25: 10 am – 3 pm. Entry by Donation.
- FIBT World Cup for Bobsleigh and Skeleton at The Whistler Sliding Centre. November 23 2012 – 12:15pm to November 24 2012 – 11:45am.
Explore Whistler Activity Package
» 2 for 1 zipline or sleighride