Whistler may be the ultimate destination for adrenaline junkies and thrill seekers, but it’s also an amazing place for families. Check out Summit Lodge & Spa’s Top Ten Whistler kids activities, festival and Must-Dos While in Whistler.
Awards: In 2011, Whistler Blackcomb was Rated No. 5 in the “Top 10 Family Friendly Resort” Category in Ski Magazine!
Top Ten Children’s Activities in Whistler:
10. Adventure Zone
Located at the base of Blackcomb, this amazing play area includes:
- Westcoast Luge
- The Core (climbing, camps, Flying Fox zipline)
- Little Mountain Golf Centre
- Kiss the Sky Bungy Trampolines
- Blackcomb Horse and Pony Trail Rides
- Spin Cycle Human Gyroscope ride
- Spider Web climbing structure
- Balloon Slide & Castle
- Batter Up! Batting Cage
- Hot Wheelz electric go karts
Adventure Zone Hours of Operation
June 15 – September 2, 2013*
Sunday to Thursday 10AM – 6PM
Friday & Saturday 10AM – 8PM
*Dates and hours are subject to change. Some activities are weather permitting.
9. Meadow Park Sports Centre & Water Park
- The sports centre has both a pretty good swimming pool (with a kids whirl pool, sauna and hot tub) as well as, a skating rink. The park (located behind the sports centre) has an outdoor gym, a water park and picnic benches. The River of Golden dreams also runs through the park and is definitely one of the best photo opportunities in Whistler.
8. Bounce – Whistler’s Indoor Trampoline Park
- Located in Function Junction (the first neighbourhood when entering Whistler), Bounce is an extravaganza of fun. Really intended for kids 8 and older, this acrobatic activity is one way to ensure the kiddies burn some energy – especially great after a long drive! Be sure to call ahead as the park does rent out the entire facility for birthday parties and private functions. 604-938-4567
7. Olympic Plaza Playground
- One of the best legacies of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games is the beautiful kids outdoor playground located beside Whistler Olympic Park. The playground has plenty for children to do, even little ones. Conveniently located right next to Starbucks, Blenz, Orange Julius & Burger king. As well as, the Olympic Plaza lawn. Definitely a great place to spend an afternoon.
6. Monkido Aerial Adventures
- Monkido is a set of progressively challenging activities set up to challenge even the most adventurous types! Conquer obstacles such as tightropes, missing plank bridges, and swinging logs; soar on ziplines; climb on cargo nets, ascend tree ladders, and much more. Great for both parents and kids. Ask the friendly Summit Lodge & Spa front desk staff for more information or to facilitate booking an activity. 1-888-913-8811
A great place to go if the weather isn’t cooperating!
- Words and Music – Books, Songs, Rhymes and Fun! Ages 2 to 4 years. Mondays at 11:00
- Drop-In Rhyme & Song: Songs, Rhymes and Finger Plays for toddlers who have graduated from Singing with the Babies. Ages 18 months to 4 years. A program that encourages language play and development. Tuesdays at 11:00
- Drop-In Toddler Story Time: Books, songs, rhymes and fun! For Ages 18 months-4 years – Fridays at 11:00
- Singing with the Babies: Learn songs and rhymes to soothe and entertain baby while encouraging early language development. For babies 0 – walking age. Saturdays at 11:00
4. Village Festivals & Animation
- Whistler has an eclectic variety of festivals every year and many of them are great for kids – The most dedicated to the younger ones is the Whistler Children’s Festival – July 13 & 14, 2013.
- Another great on-going event is the Whistler Farmer’s Market – located in the upper village, the market opens every Sunday during the summer months. Find fresh popcorn, maple syrup treats and homemade crafts and jewelry. Definitely worth checking out.
- And don’t forget to keep an eye out for street entertainers! Acrobatics, mimes, musical performances pop up all over the village stroll.
3. Beaches & Lakes
- Whistler is home to several amazing lakes and beaches. If you want to just kick back and take in some sun, while you let the kids splash and build sand castles – then Whistler has it all. Take in breathtaking views from some beautiful scenic Whistler beaches – many have a playground & other kid friendly amenities. Ask the concierge at the Summit Lodge & Spa to direct you to a great beach or lake.
2. Whistler Theatre
- Always a good night out – Whistler’s only movie theatre, Village 8 Cinema is sure to please if your in the mood for the latest blockbuster. Check Movie Showtimes Here
- If culture is what you’re after, then check out Millennium Place for Canada’s Best Musicians, Comedians and Children’s Performers.
1. Alpine Hiking & Sightseeing
- If there’s one thing you want to do while in Whistler during the summer months, it’s go up the mountain. You haven’t truly experienced Whistler until you’ve seen it from up high. The PEAK 2 PEAK Gondola is the highest lift of its kind and can take you from the top of Whistler Mountain to the Top of Blackcomb. Read More about Alpine Hiking Here.