Let the Celebrations Begin!
Wow, what great start to the year here in Whistler. January has been buzzing some great powder days and skiing, and now as we head in to February, we have some truly exciting events to look forward to.
We’re about to celebrate the Official One Year Anniversary of the Winter Olympic Games, so get your red and white on and let’s break out in another round of ‘O Canada’.
A Great Family Event
One year now after the Olympic and Paralympic games, we’re going to re-live that Canadian spirit once again with this year’s month long Winter Arts Festival! Better still, we have The Celebrate Live weekend over the February 11th – 13th, with lots of live music, appearances of athletes, food and drink with lots of live street entertainment. Adventure around the world famous Whistler Sliding Centre with one of the self-guided tours that will be running daily over the Celebrate Live weekend. Family friendly street hockey and will be a great event for all the family!
Kids and families will have a chance to play street hockey, create murals, snow sculpt, face paint and so much more! Creekside Community Recreation Centre will also be hosting their Vancouver 2010 Legacy Celebration by playing a winter sport on the Wii, curling, sledging, watching past footage and more
Some of our Summit Lodge Staff for picks for big kids and little kids include:
Feb 1 – 28, 2011
- Out of Bounds: Tales from the Backcountry Photo Challenge and Exhibit Millennium Place
Friday, February 4, 2011
- Out of Bounds: Tales from the Backcountry Opening Reception
Friday, February 11, 2011
- FREE Whistler Community Mural creation, Whistler Olympic Plaza
- FREE Family Friendly Street Hockey, Whistler Olympic Plaza
- Self-guided tours at the Whistler Sliding Center and Whistler Olympic Park
- Jully Black, Millennium Place.
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- All Day – Street entertainment by the dUh Hockey Guys, Vancouver Theatre Sports and Sardis Marching Band
- Whistler PassiveHaus Open House (located at the main entrance to Lost Lake Park, between the upper and lower Villages and a short walk from the Village Stroll) Include everything from FREE hot chocolate, horsedrawn sleigh rides, fire pit and much more. Click here for more information.
- Official One-Year Anniversay of the 2010 Winter Games Ceremony, Whistler Olympic Plaza. Includes free face painting, apple cider, one-year anniversary cake, street hockey, DJ Rich-A tunes and much more.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
- Family Celebrations at MY Millennium
- Local artists Oona and David to create some fun wintery wonderland crafts by donation.
- Kids Crafts.
- Kid’s Fliks and hot apple cider
- Children’s Performers Bobs and Lolo
Thursday, February 17 – Sunday, February 19 from 8am to 4pm daily
- Snow Sculpting on Whistler Mountain near the Round House.
Visit the Resort Municipality of Whistler website for complete Whistler Arts Festival / Olympic Celebration event details.
The fun doesn’t stop there! Family fun events will continue to entertain and astonish us through the rest of February and March with other exhibits, literary soirees, music and other surprises.
Call us directly before February 10th and quote “O Canada” and automatically receive 25% off your stay for the month of February. *Subject to availability, black out dates may apply.
Toll Free 1 888 913 8811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org